OC ESTEEM SCHOLARS
Enhancing Success in Transfer Education for Engineering Majors
OC ESTEEM is a scholarship and support program for academically-talented, low-income students majoring or intending to major in Engineering.
Information session and support for application will take place on September 16, 2019 from 1:00PM-2:30PM at the STEM Center, upstairs in Condor Hall.
- Must be registered as full-time students in a STEM discipline
- Must be US citizens or permanent residents
- Must have a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.0 and in good academic standing
- Must complete a FAFSA and have significant financial need
- Must be interested in pursuing engineering
- Must intend to transfer to a 4-year university to complete a BS
- Must list Oxnard College as the primary institution
- Must be enrolled in college level math/science courses (100 level)
- Must complete a comprehensive education plan with an articulated engineering path
- If awarded, must commit to participate in cohort activities and project evaluation—respond to surveys, permit academic information (GPA, series of classes taken etc…) to be shared