ILLUMINEER JOB QUALIFICATIONS & DESCRIPTION
Illumineers is a cascading mentoring/tutoring program.
This program provides:
- academic support embedded in math and science classes;
- just in time tutoring;
- intentional community building and
- mentoring focused on illuminating the skills and capacity that OC learners carry with them everyday
(Hiring for Illumineers occurs near the end of the Spring semester. Those interested in serving as an Illumineer are encouraged to participate in activities related to the FYE/STEM Center.)
- A consistent overall GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with peers and professors.
- Embedded class assignment
- Tutoring at the FYE/STEM Center
- Cascading Mentoring-Illumineers will conduct brief mentoring sessions guided with prompts and prior training
- Workshop facilitation
- Weekly professional learning
- Regular meetings and trainings of Illumineers
- Meet with Illumineer leaders and supervisory staff at scheduled meetings.
- Maintain contact throughout the term with the course professor.
- Utilize Illumineer logs, protocols, and communications.
- Contribute to the planning of workshops
How to apply:
OC STEM Project Acabado hires at the end of the Spring 2019 semester. Those interested in serving as an Illumineer are encouraged to participate in activities related to the FYE/STEM Center.
Follow the link and click on Student Worker-Oxnard College
Once you complete the application, print out a copy, sign the application, and turn the signed application to STEM staff located in Condor Hall FYE/STEM Center in room CH 333.
Please also fill out this survey showing availability for the Spring 2019 semester
Pay for OC Illumineers: $12.30/hr